Thursday, November 25, 2010

Racism and I hate it

Prologue  :  I feel disgusted !


Before I came to the United States I heard stories of white people showing racism against Indians. After coming to the united states I feel all those stories are bull shit. I mean Indians show racism between Indains confused ???  So was I. We show racism between Ourselves.The first racist thing starts with the North and South Indians, I can understand that because south Indians don speak Hindi and north Indians don speak Telugu, Tamil,Malayalam or any other south Indian Language. When there is a language barrier it could be difficult. Although It can be argued.

The worst racism is between our people ( I am talking about AP or Telangana... see  racism again  ) Like People from andhra pradesh all of them speak telugu right ??  all of them eat almost the same food right  ??  I don understand why still they feel other caste people are different than us. Like I was talking to this girl and she was like I  would only marry or love  a reddy and no one else ??  I was like why ??  she goes like My Father would not agree.  Goodness me , We are like in 2010 almost 2011. If ur born on this earth, Its your right to get married by your choice. I understand your father  took care of you all these 20 years but he had to do it. out every 100 fathers 99 of them will do it right ! Do you think  your father would not love you any more if you get married to a person from different caste without his permission ??  no right??


The second thing , In this modern India, Take any application form , you still need to write down  your religion  on the application and if you don't  write it  they don't take it. How does my religion  matter to him  ?? I mean Why should he need to  know about my religion or caste ,I mean It shouldn't be mandatory  right?? democracy dude  for god sake !


I  see this racist thing in people from the rural areas  I do not want to be mean but yes, it is the fact. I know people who feel closer to a person even if he is a stranger  just because his last name is reddy, chowdary or he is bhramin or some ramdom Joe . Sick of those people.I hate the fact , I have to be them just because I have no other option. Some times I feel that I have to show racism against people who show racism. Hate Fucking society !


Epilogue :  Feel even more disgusted every single day ! 


6 comments:

Vamsi said...

Hey Rajaa..... Nice to see these many lines from you and wondering to know so many secrets about you... :)

Nice ra nanna.... I'm really loving to read your posts....

Hope you're doing good... Keep posting!

I like'd your proposal buddy...

All the best ra.....

Sach! said...

hey!! Long time and this post caught my eye. I nodded with every word. Yes, WE Indians are the BIGGEST RACISTS. I hate how we divide on language, cast, sex, city, state, religion. We can divide things on anything. Few days back I was in India and I was with this kid who was differentiating his love for 2 pet dogs (born together, look identical, same breed, everything) And can you guess what criteria he used to differentiate the dogs - color of their tail. One is pure brown and other is brown and black. He told me how people love the pure brown tailed dog so he loves him more. It's in deeply rooted in us. We had this from history, I wish our generation understands that be it reddy or not, there is a lot more beauty in people. And we shouldn't judge on something that was set ages before by people who had no idea of what revolution we are living in.

vemuri said...

@vamsi Thank you. I know I was almost a year late to reply . :P

vemuri said...

@Sach ! OMG.. you still follow my blog. I am so delighted. Yes, its sad that racism is in us.. anyway.. are you still blogging?? and ya what you up to these days.

Sach! said...

I completed my MS and am working in Chicago only. How about you?

vemuri said...

@sach I am done with my ms adn working..in San Francisco :)